Utah Limited Folkstyle Athlete Membership Card Membership Year: September 1st through August 31st
Step by step instructions on how to purchase your Utah Full Athlete Membership:
- Go to www.usawmembership.com
- Create a free account
- Go to profiles and "claim" your old USA profile or if you have not had a USA Card before create a new profile.
- You can "claim" all your kids under your profile for example. If I have 3 kids that wrestle you can claim all 3 under your profile as their parent.
- After you create or claim all your profiles go to "memberships" to purchase your Utah Full or Limited Athlete Membership.
- Follow instructions on the page to purchase your card. When it asks for type of membership you will choose the Utah Full Athlete Membership.
- If you have trouble purchasing your card please text or call Jeff Newby at 801-358-4933 and he will help you through the process.
ONLY VAILD FOR FOLKSTYLE COMPETITIONS IN UTAH – FOR REGIONAL AND NATIONAL COMPETITION, A FULL MEMBERSHIP IS NEEDED. This membership includes $50,000 in secondary sports accident insurance.
Membership benefits for the Utah Limited Folkstyle Athlete Membership Card include:
- Secondary, non-duplicating sports accident insurance provided by an outside carrier. There is sports-accident supplemental benefits provided to USA Wrestling members who participate in limited non-sanctioned events. This insurance coverage includes a deductible, co-payment provisions and other conditions of the policy (details will be provided to club administrators); coverage includes practice, participation and even some travel.
- Each member gets email notification for all Utah tournaments, information and announcements.
- Cardholders can upgrade their cards to the full or high performance cards and can qualify for national teams and significant financial aid.
- Have an organized organization with clear rules and management. This will grow participation, decrease frustration, increase fair play, qualify for state tournaments, etc. It creates a system where athletes are members of an organization that has rules. The way it is now, nobody can enforce anything. It is not conducive to good management nor does it reflect high school sports or any other sport in this state.
- Increases protection for tournament host.
- USA wrestling now has a full time professional that can be a resource to programs on liability, tournament organization, tournament promotion, athlete promotion, etc.