Dillon Gurr has been named wrestleutah.com " High School Athlete of the Week" for November 12th 2014. Each week, wrestleutah.com will select two "Athletes of the Week." One for the PreK-9th grade age groups, and one for the high school and above age group which will include high school, college, coaches and teams. The selection committee will consider and choose from nominees based upon performance within wrestling that week.
Dillon is a senior at Union High School. He is active in his student body and serves as the Senior Class Commissioner on Union’s Student Council. Dillon was also selected to represent Union this summer at the UHSSA State Leadership Conference at Murray High School. In addition, he also had the honor of representing American Legion Post 64 and his home town of Roosevelt at Utah Boys State. Dillon also has the privilege of being an assistant coach of a local competitive traveling softball team The Roosevelt Rumble and plans on continuing coaching this summer.
Dillon enjoys hanging out with his family, camping, hunting, snow skiing, any type of water sport, and playing his banjo.
Dillon has also enjoyed playing football in years past. He has a great love of baseball and is a three time letterman for Union High School’s baseball team. He is a two time alumnus of Coast to Coast Baseball and was able to travel to Puerto Rico with them.
Wrestling is his great love. He has been blessed with so many amazing coaches from the time he began his journey in this sport. Great teammates and competitors have helped him along the way also. And as everyone involved in wrestling knows, being a part of the wrestling community is such a special experience. He hopes to wrestle in college and someday coach.
So far Dillon’s accomplishments in wrestling are:
· 2007 – 4th place Salt Lake Slam (USA Wrestling Nationals) 100lbs
· 2008 - 6th place 3A State Championships 90lbs
· 2008 – 2nd place Salt Lake Slam (USA Wrestling Nationals) 105lbs
· 2009 – 5th place Salt Lake Slam (USA Wrestling Nationals) 120lbs
· 2009 - 3rd place Beehive Brawl (Utah Nationals) 120lbs
· 2010 - 3rd place 3A State Championships 120lbs
· 2010 - 3rd place USA Wrestling Utah Greco-Roman Championships 120lbs
· 2010 - 4th place USA Wrestling Utah Freestyle Championships 120lbs
· 2010 - Champion AAU Wrestling Utah Greco-Roman Championships 128lbs
· 2010 - Champion AAU Wrestling Utah Freestyle Championships 128lbs
· 2010 - Runner-up AAU Wrestling National Championships Greco-Roman 128lbs
· 2010 - 3rd place AAU Wrestling National Championships Freestyle 128lbs
· 2010 - 4th place AAU Wrestling National Championships Folkstyle 128lbs
· 2010 - 3 time AAU Wrestling All-American
· 2009 – 2010 UtahWrestling.org 10th in Schoolboy division
· 2009 – 2010 18th in Future Olympian Rankings (USA Wrestling) at 120 Middle School
· 2011 – 4th place Salt Lake Slam (USA Wrestling Nationals) 136lbs
· 2011 – Runner-up Beehive Brawl (Utah Nationals) 145lbs
· 2011 – Champion Utah 3A State Championships 145lbs
· 2011 – 3rd place Utah Super State 145lbs
· 2011 – Champion USA Wrestling Utah Greco-Roman State 152lbs
· 2011 – Champion USA Wrestling Utah Freestyle State 152lbs.
· 2011 – Team Utah Member
· 2011 – Competed in National School Boy Duals Indianapolis, Indiana
· 2011 – Runner-up Western Regionals Folkstyle 152lbs
· 2011 – Runner-up Western Regionals Freestyle 152 lbs.
· 2011 – Runner-up Western Regionals Greco-Roman 152lbs.
· 2010 – 2011 – UtahWrestling.org 7th in Schoolboy division
· 2010-2011 – 11th in the Future Olympian Rankings (USA Wrestling) at 152 Schoolboy
· 2011-2012 – 3rd at 3A Region 10
· 2011-2012 – 6th at 3A Northern Divisionals
· 2014 – 4th Place Tournament of Champions
· 2014 – Best of the West Champion
· 2014 – 3A Region 10 Champion
· 2014 – 3A Northern Divisionals Champion
· 2014 – 4th Place 3A State
To nominate someone for the "Youth Athlete of the Week" , please submit your nominations to email@example.com